Tuesday, December 9, 2014

My favourite red lipsticks!

Today I thought I'd do a review of my favourite red lipsticks, so I'm going to be reviewing the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in the colour "Kiss of life" or "111", then Illamasqua's "Maneater" and the last one for this post will be Deborah Milano Atomic Red Mat "05".

So lets start! :)

Rimmel - Kate Moss "Kiss of life" or "111"

 

 
The colour is a really deep, bright red with orange undertone, and depending on how much is applied, can either just add a little bit of colour to your lips, or provide total coverage. I was actually shocked by it's velvety texture, at how bright the colour was, and how easily it could be applied.

The texture is generally really light, and it's easy to rub in if you don't want the colour to be as strong. I am generally really pleased with this product. The smell is really nice, it's affordable, smooth, and long-wearing. It makes your lips look so plush and luscious. It doesn't dry your lips, actually no more drying or hydrating than any other drugstore lipstick. 

 But, it transfers like CRAZY on anything you eat or drink, and also this lipstick looks awesome as it fades; a slightly rich stain is left behind. This shade is more matte then shiny, and I like that. 




 Illamasqua - "Maneater" + "Feisty"  


 
Described as a "cherry red" on the website, I think this is indeed a bright red with very little blue undertone. This is a matte formula, which can be very drying, but if your lips aren't terribly dry, lip balm will solve the problem. I love this colour and it was my first from Illamasqua.
The lipstick tube is very sleek.

I find it a little hard to get precision when applying straight from the bullet, so I use brushes and Feisty lip liner, and for me this lipstick is generally very hard
 to apply because of it's dry texture.

It has satin-matte finish, rich, opaque pigmentation, and nice vanilla smell. Maneater formula lasts forever, barely transfers when eating or drinking and feels smooth on the lips. 




Deborah - Atomic Red Mat "05" 



 
This lipstick is a red shade that looks more cool toned in certain lighting and warmer in others. It's because of the orange AND blue undertones, so it's pretty much neutral. It's also slightly darker than previous two shades.

 Excellent quality, great lasting power, very creamy & moisturizing, beautiful satin finish and super pigmented.

It's easy to apply and doesn't dry my lips. The texture of this lipstick is a soft, velvety matte, smell is, well like wax. It does not transfer when eating.



Overall: 


Best colour: Deborah, Illamasqua, Rimmel
Easiest to apply: Rimmel, Deborah, Illamasqua
Most moisturizing: Rimmel, Deborah, Illamasqua
Best smell: Rimmel, Illamasqua, Deborah
Lasting: Illamasqua, Deborah, Rimmel
Most matte: Illamasqua, Deborah, Rimmel
Most transfer when eating/drinking: Rimmel, Deborah, Illamasqua
Smoothest, most velvety: Rimmel, Deborah, Illamasqua
 All three are super pigmented, rich and opaque.





Follow me on Facebook and Instagram! <3



2 comments: